FitBack for Life
Benefits of FitBack classes to Employers
- A workforce educated in backcare
- Reduction in sickness absence (saving £££’s)
- Increased ability to defend claims by taking a pro-active approach to your employees health & wellbeing
- Positive message to existing and potential employees
- Reduction in staff turnover
- Low cost initiative.
Benefits of FitBack classes to Employees
- Stronger, healthier more flexible back
- Reduction in the occurrence of low back pain
- Increased quality of life
- Improved function and productivity
- Less time off work
How does it work?
- A one hour class consisting of a short presentation on low back pain in the workplace explaining the importance of a healthy back
- A demonstration and instruction of exercises focusing on the use of a gym ball to condition your employees backs.
- A one off class delivered by experienced Chartered Physiotherapists ensuring expert instruction and guidance throughout.
- Each attendee on the class receives a set of FitBack exercise cards so they are able continue their exercises at home or at the gym.
- Workshops of up to 10 employees are run on site (subject to availability of a suitable room)
- Can be incorporated into existing mandatory training (i.e. manual handling) to maximise efficiency and reduce costs.
- Attendees can be issued with FitBack certificate of attendance for employee files.
Who will it benefit?
- Those employees with pre-existing low back problems who are costing your business the most with repeated absence.
- Employees with ongoing niggling back pain and stiffness.
- Employees at risk of back pain involved in manual handling or prolonged seated postures.
- Anyone that wishes to experience a healthier, stronger back and prevent the occurrence of back pain.
We engaged with Fitback as part of our wellbeing strategy, they were able to come onsite to provide a presentation on keeping active within the workplace, offered a gym ball exercise workshop and provided one to one physio appointments for employees.
The presentation provided great tips on keeping active and helped to raise awareness of why it’s so important, it was delivered in an engaging way with employees being able to take away simple steps to make a difference for them. The presentation was the perfect length with member of the Fitback team being available after for any specific queries from individuals.
The gym ball exercises were great fun with employees providing really positive feedback on the sessions. The physio appointments were also valuable to our employees for people to seek advice on ongoing issues with some employees booking further follow up appointments.
Fitback have been a joy to work with, they are incredibly flexible around our company needs and times and have provided a great service, we have nothing but positive feedback from our employees about them and the service they have provided