FitBack for Life
FitBack For Life is a low back exercise workshop that has been designed to condition and strengthen the low back and reduce the incidence of back pain in the workplace and everyday life. A unique initiative to improve the Health and Wellbeing of your employees.
Benefits of FitBack classes to Employers
- A workforce educated in backcare
- Reduction in sickness absence (saving £££’s)
- Increased ability to defend claims by taking a pro-active approach to your employees health & wellbeing
- Positive message to existing and potential employees
- Reduction in staff turnover
- Low cost initiative.
Benefits of FitBack classes to Employees
- Stronger, healthier more flexible back
- Reduction in the occurrence of low back pain
- Increased quality of life
- Improved function and productivity
- Less time off work
How does it work?
- A one hour class consisting of a short presentation on low back pain in the workplace explaining the importance of a healthy back
- A demonstration and instruction of exercises focusing on the use of a gym ball to condition your employees backs.
- A one off class delivered by experienced Chartered Physiotherapists ensuring expert instruction and guidance throughout.
- Each attendee on the class receives a set of FitBack exercise cards so they are able continue their exercises at home or at the gym.
- Workshops of up to 10 employees are run on site (subject to availability of a suitable room)
- Can be incorporated into existing mandatory training (i.e. manual handling) to maximise efficiency and reduce costs.
- Attendees can be issued with FitBack certificate of attendance for employee files.
Who will it benefit?
- Those employees with pre-existing low back problems who are costing your business the most with repeated absence.
- Employees with ongoing niggling back pain and stiffness.
- Employees at risk of back pain involved in manual handling or prolonged seated postures.
- Anyone that wishes to experience a healthier, stronger back and prevent the occurrence of back pain.
Our employees now enjoy a timely access to medical interventions that traditionally would take months to achieve.